Sunday, November 2, 2008

new audiogram AND new hearing aids...soon i hope lol

So, I went to a different audi and my hearing dropped in both ears. My left went down and the other audi I saw said I should maybe get another hearing aid and have two instead of one. So we are looking at exelias but with Canadian Hearing Society they want to charge me 150 for the Service Plan, 695 dispensing fee, and 2795 for ONE exelia, and a 70 dollar fee, minus 60 so ir would be 3650, and for 2 exelias it would be 6445 for both hearing aids and the service fees and stuff... that is ALOT more than my regular audi charges...The exelia for ONE at my audi would only be 2 something but i can tade my UNA in for a full refund and the exelia for ONE would be brought down to 1740 which is a lot better! I would only need one ear mold if i need to get another ha and then the full cost of one ha which is still alot better than the full cost of 2. I don't have a service fee cuz i already go to the audi and i never had to pay for an audiogram or new tubing or adjustments...i think my service package was maybe 50 bucks if that cuz i honestly don't remember paying for any service plan
Freq. R L
250= 50 45
500= 50 45
1000=35 30
2000=35 35
b/w =35 40
4000=50 35
b/w= 50 35
8000=50 40
the b/w is in between the frequencies but the audigram was a bit confusing.My MCL is 60dB in both ears and my SRT is 35 in my right and 25 in my left. My speech recognition was 95% in my right and 92% in my left which was interesting to me seeing as my right is my worse..so that confused me a bit..but their were 2 diff word lists... My tympanometry was really good she said.Oh she also looked at my audiogram and thinks considering my loss she thinks it's a genetic sensorineural loss

I think I am definitely going to go for 2 hearing aids as opposed to the one, I want to hear equally..and now that I am not it's frusterating ...I'm still doing well with hearing sounds..just speech really stinks...

Halloween I went out on a haunted walk of downtown tour where I live. We also went into a haunted museum and some weird stuff happened...which was cool..my friend almost peed her pants because she was so scared. Anyways we were walking outside and for 1.5 hrs I probably asked her to repeat herself at least 50 times. Now, I am not depressed or sad that I lost more hearing, that's life...I just cannot wait until I can hear better with new hearing aids. It will be a relief and I finally chose a color and that would be the phonak exelia clear ones:) Also my school will be getting me a new receiver for the new hearing aids too if mine don't fit/I'll need a second one anyways for the ha for my left. :)

No comments: