Monday, October 20, 2008

New HA

I am so exited! My Phonak Una which was thought to have enough power for my loss and such was working great up until about 2 months ago when it started having to be cranked up. So, I got the volume adjusted and did some other tinkering to it. Not long ago I went in for more adjusments and added t-coil and again I am turning up the volume and even with my ha on I am still having a pretty hard time understanding speech, the TV is just getting plain annoying, as is the telephone and the t-coil in my opinion doesn't go loud enough. So, I figured if I am having probs now and my work doesn't cover a new ha for another 4 years that I might as well trade in my Una and go for a better HA. So I have decided to trial the Phonak Exelia! I have heard good things and bad about it but you don't know until you try it. An audi I know has mentioned to maybe get the Exelia SP and just skip P since my loss is progressive. I have an audi appt tomorrow at CHS (canadian hearing society) so I am going to talk aobu it tomorrow. OO btw my grandparents are purchasing my new ha for me since I definitely can't afford it even with the trade in!
.....Now the only decision...what color to choose lol

No comments: