Monday, July 28, 2008

so..

I haven't been on in awhile. Sorry..I've been so overwhelmed with some probs that I haven't had much of a social life....
But i'm almost done school for the summer...YAY! I am going to be switching into Carleton U soon and I am very excited/scared lol...

On the plus side...i think i will decorate my ha with some pink rhinestones or something...i think it would give it sum oomph lol :)

I REALLY want to learn ASL ...this hearie at my work is learning it and i am sooo jealous! I don't know where to begin though..i have a tough time learning thigs on my own, and I would love totake a class but my sched us busy..is there anyway that i could learn online or get a cd for the comp? Is that ok to do or bad idea?If i can I would like to have ASL as my minor for university...
I had bad tinnitus the other day...it hasn't been like that in awhile and I noticed i've been having to turn my ha up and missing things and having to ask ppl to repeat..maybe it's time for another audiogram:( *sigh*

1 comment:

JennyB said...

Class is the best way to learn ASL. CHS should have them, or community colleges. Get involved with the Deaf community in Ottawa too! That will help you learn a lot faster.

Sucks about the tinnitus, mine is getting worse too. Audiograms are the story of my life, also sucks. It is good to know where you are at though, and it really helps when you hearing aids is reprogrammed to suit the new loss!

I hope Carlton is better with supports! Have you met with access services there yet?

Pink rhinestones! That sounds good! On a black HA too! OOooh! lol!

You should see mine right now! I have blue and green beads on the tubes, and then blue and green rhinestones on the BTE. I will post some pics on my blog later tonight!